The prominent house at the corner of Eichendorffstraße and August-Bebel-Straße was errected in 1906. It is part of the family heritage of our Founder PhD Maria Palm, née Krampf. Her mother Hertha was a born Hoffmann of a well-known family of local textile manufacturers. The region of Upper Lusatia in the very Eastern part of Germany was famous for its textile industries, especially fabrics for uniforms, but also early nylon stockings. Hard to imagine today, it was one of the most wealthy regions of Germany in the 19.th and 20.th century.
The Hoffmann Family itself never lived in the house. They resided in a mansion further down the road, that doesn´t exist anymore.
View homepage of the nursing and long-term care organisation "Volkssolidarität Bautzen", Ebersbach-Neugersdorf